Forest School and Natural Thinkers
Forest School at Rowland Hill Nursery School
Forest school is an outdoor, free and stimulating learning experience. It allows children to be independent, challenge themselves, build self-esteem, develop new skills and connect with nature.
Children will be selected in groups of 6 to attend weekly Forest School sessions.
Natural Thinkers 'Ten Commitments'
- Children have access to a range of natural areas and materials outside.
- Children have opportunities to grow, pick and taste produce.
- Children have access to gardening and digging.
- Children care for their natural environment.
- Children engage with the weather and seasons.
- Children have opportunities to engage with wildlife.
- Children have daily access to the outside.
- Settings ensure no child is excluded from outdoor activities.
- Settings ensure parents have opportunities to get involved with Natural Thinkers activities.
- At least 1 member of staff must have attended Natural Thinkers training.