Free for 2's
Did you know that your 2 year old may be entitled to 15 hours free childcare?
In order to be eligible you will need to receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit - if you and your partner are on a low income from work - this usually means a combined income of less than £15,400 a year after tax (external link). Download our Parent Information Sheet - How Universal Credit will affect eligibility for Free for 2's
- Tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
You may also be eligible if any of the following apply:
- Your child is looked after by Haringey Council
- Your child has a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- Your child receives Disability Living Allowance
- The child has an Education, Health and Care plan (EHC)
- Your child has left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
In September 2019 the government extended the eligibility criteria for the free early learning entitlement for the most disadvantaged two-year olds. Two-year-old children in low income families will now be able to take up a free place when their parent(s) have one of the following types of immigration status:
- Zambrano carer (derivative right to reside in the UK under European law as the primary carer of a British child or dependent adult). Parents who are Zambrano carers must also be able to demonstrate that they meet similar low-level income requirements to others eligible for the offer (eg £15,400 net earnings threshold for families in receipt of Universal Credit)
- Leave to remain with no recourse to public funds (NRPF) granted on family or private life (Article 8) grounds. Parents who who have leave to remain with NRPF must also be able to demonstrate that they meet similar low-level income requirements to others eligible for the offer (eg £15,400 net earnings threshold for families in receipt of Universal Credit)
- ‘Appeal rights exhausted’ (ARE) asylum seeker receiving asylum support from the Home Office under section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
If you meet one or more of the criteria above then you can apply here (please note this will take you directly to Haringey Councils website).
Or for further information you can access Haringey Councils ‘Free Early Learning for two year olds’ directly on the link above.
If you would like further support applying for a Free for 2’s childcare place or would like to discuss with someone in person please contact us at the centre on 020 8808 6089 or call in and we can arrange for a member of staff from the Children’s Centre team to help you.
You are welcome to visit and tour the nursery and 2 year provision, click here.